Sunday, October 7, 2012

Don't Wanna Say I Told Me So But...

I told me so.   I worried the night before because I was resting up this week for the SAT on Saturday aka not studying for the midterm.  I assumed I would do fine without the studying.  Still, I'm sure if it had been anything but multiple choice I would have regretted it more.  But the stars aligned for me on Friday.  I lost my glasses that morning and feared a repeat of one such time in sophomore year when I couldn't see the words.  However, mine eyes didn't deceive me.  I knew almost all the words and the ones I didn't I answered through the process of elimination.
    Some people like to hate on multiple-choice tests because you don't remember a lot of the stuff but I always learn after I take tests.  When I cram, I learn details.  I came across this ability on the Friday mornings before AP World History in sophomore year.  I grabbed the text book and scanned for new info on the way to school.  I'm not an actor working for Bosley Hair Solutions so I'm not gonna say "If it works for me, it can work for you."  It might.  Who knows? But I don't recommend it. On the other hand, the SAT taught me that modern air conditioning was invented in 1902.
   Next time, I will be able to recite the definitions so I'm not surprised by a more challenging format of the test.  Also, I learned that accoutrements can be spelled accouterments *shivers*.  It's gross but it's allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment