Monday, September 3, 2012

The Joy Luck Club- It's What's for Dinner

Ever since I first learned what The Joy Luck Club was, in what was probably sixth grade, I have intended to read it.  But whether there was another book I was digging more or I had simply forgotten it, I have never gotten around to Amy Tan's acclaimed novel.  Now, as for reasons why, because I can and because I'm interested in getting a little perspective on immigrant experiences coming into the United States.  The Chinese aspect of the novel is, however, a substitute for what I would rather read about.  I have read and been exposed to plenty Mexican immigration stories including that of my mother so, today, I'm asking all o'y'all (if there aren't just crickets reading this blog) if you have any recommendations for books about immigration from India to England, or Indians going from England to America à la Patel.

No comments:

Post a Comment