Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reflections on Week One

1. The only thing that I can foresee weighing me down at the moment is the obligation to be vigilant at all times. Still, that was one of the most attractive things I had ever heard from a class so I don't see me giving in.
2. The most significant lesson I have ever learned was from my mother. She is usually so calming to behold and hear but when I was learning to play the recorder in fourth grade she was quite the opposite. I was sitting in my room with the recorder in my hands, the music book at my feet, and tears in my eyes. It was a ridiculous scene but my frustration at learning was too much for me. And, like I hoped, my mother walked in but her words were unexpected. She told me to stop my crying and try again. I didn't understand because it was the first time I had ever not understood how to do something. Yet by the time I was to perform the next day, I had learned Hot Cross Buns. This lesson always whips my mind into attention when I try to give up.
3. I suppose what I am most exciting things about the class for me is the idea that, although there is a curriculum for us to tend to, we have been enabled to direct and manipulate it into nearly anything we see fit. The use of web tools is also going to be a valuable experience in becoming familiar with freewares.

No comments:

Post a Comment